General farm workers plant, cultivate and harvest crops, raise livestock and poultry and maintain and repair farm equipment and buildings. General farm workers perform some or all of the following duties: Plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, irrigate and harvest crops. Feed and tend livestock and poultry.
- Location: SW 19-29-7 W3 Outlook, SKS0L 2N0
- Salary: $22.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 80 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 3 vacancies
We are looking for a farmer to oversee our farming operations. The responsibilities of a Farmer include performing physical labor, operating heavy machinery, and supervising farm workers.
To be successful as a farmer, you should demonstrate a passion for the outdoors, knowledge of agricultural machinery, and physical stamina. Ultimately, a top-notch Farmer should possess physical strength, good hand-eye coordination, and a keen interest in agriculture.
- Performing manual labor.
- Performing maintenance on the farm.
- Handling heavy machinery.
- Repairing faulty vehicles and machinery.
- Managing farming activities.
- Overseeing farmworkers.
- Devising strategies for harvesting or breeding.
- Liaising with clients.
- Previous experience in the farming industry.
- Knowledge of farming best practices.
- Able to work long hours on location.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be physically fit.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Plant, cultivate and irrigate crops; Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment; Harvest crops; Fertilize and spray crops; Examine produce for quality and prepare for market; Write daily basic progress reports
- Type of Farm Operations
- Fruit and vegetable combination farming
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Wet/damp; Noisy; Dusty
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Walking
- Work Location Information
- Rural area
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply