Purchasing Manager is a supply chain and logistics professional specialized in ensuring cost-effective purchase of all materials and services as required by the procurement plan whilst ensuring quality control and compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Developing, leading and executing purchasing strategies
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Crafting negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms
- Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
- Salary: $45.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies1 vacancy
As a Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as Purchasing Manager, Agent or Officer
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Working experience of vendor management software
- Ability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Review and process claims against suppliers; Plan, develop and implement purchasing policies and procedures; Oversee the evaluation of the cost and quality of goods or services; Oversee the preparation of reports; Oversee the analysis of data and information; Manage contracts; Authorize the development of specifications for products or services; Assign, co-ordinate and review projects and programs; Advise senior management; Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter